2021 - A Year In Review
A big thank you to our clients and hard working team in navigating yet another tough 12 months of Covid-19 lockdowns, travel restrictions, home schooling children and all the added personal and workplace stresses that times of uncertainty bring. An increased understanding of the importance of our emotional wellbeing and proactively managing our mental health is one of many positives to come out of another tough year. A great addition to the health and safety work plans of many businesses these days.
We wanted to take the opportunity to share some news and achievements across the wider TEG Team with you.
- TEG Projects NZ - work with key clients Fonterra, Silver Fern Farms, Bluebird and Inghams took up much of our 2021. 2021 was unprecedented in terms of project delivery with over $100m of capital projects successfully delivered without health and safety or environmental incidents. Already our booked workload for 2022 includes over $150m in capital value.
- Silver Fern Farms – TEG Risk kicked off an enormous assignment of machine risk assessment in 2021 and this will continue throughout 2022, leading to us having assessed approximately 50% of the equipment and machinery in the NZ meat industry.
- Launch of The MinRisk App - having created an internal app for our team to use in the field, we were delighted to be able to launch this in 2021 so that our clients can benefit from it too.
- Team growth - TEG Risk has grown significantly in response to additional confirmed projects with new members including KC in Hamilton, Colin Read and James Kingsland in Christchurch. A warm welcome to Ken Camden and welcome back to James Hayter.
- TEG Projects Brisbane/Sydney - Julian now leads our East Coast business in Australia with many exciting projects booked for 2022 in the agri-business and food and beverage sectors.
Staff Service and Acknowledgements
A big thank you to our TEG Risk senior team members, Barry Kleine, Warren Wagner and Charles Webb who have led the TEG Risk assignments in 2021 and continue to increase the reputation of our team as leading machine safety consultants.
Another important team acknowledgement is that we’re celebrating 10 years of service for three key staff members: TEG Project team members, Graham, Rob and Peter.
End of Year Celebrations
We were thankful to be able to get together and celebrate our hard work and a difficult year pre-Christmas. From a 'Murder Mystery' in Christchurch, clay pigeon shooting in Auckland, a nautical lunch in Tauranga, and drinks and dinner in Brisbane metro, it was great to all have in-person celebrations.
It was also pleasing to continue our support of the Newmarket Rotary Club in Auckland this year.
A huge acknowledgement to our TEG Risk and Sustainability Services team, for recently winning a Gold Award at the 2021 ACE New Zealand Awards, in recognition of technological innovation, know-how and data to manage critical risk in the meat industry.
The award was for the innovation that The MinRisk App provided to significant risk management projects involving ANZCO Foods, Bremworth, Sanford Limited, and Alliance Group Limited. A huge thank you to Adam, Hamish, Barry, Warren the team for bringing this unique product to market, and showing leadership in the engineering consultancy industry.
With a refreshed team following our summer break, we’re raring to go in 2022. We hope to see many of you onsite throughout the year, and if you’re interested in understanding more about our range of project management services, safety engineering services, or our MinRisk MRA App, please contact the team today.