Projects: Griffins Chocolate Biscuit & Cracker Manufacturing
TEG were appointed project manager for the Griffins, Papakura biscuit factory development.
The project scope included:
- 6000 m2 factory extension
- Four new baking and packing lines
- 32 head robotic packer operating in excess of 2000 biscuits per minute
- High speed tray flow-wrappers
- Dough Room, Mixers and ingredients delivery systems
- Services and HVAC
- Total project value was $ 60m
The Papakura factory development is largest capital project undertaken at the plant and an extremely tight timeframe for completion of the development.
The project delivered the largest bakery facility in New Zealand with a very high standard of finish. Stage 1 was delivered on time and under budget giving Griffins management confidence to proceed with Stage 2.